A Collection of Thoughts on God, Prophetic Art, the Prophetic Painter's Process, and the Meditative Reflections that Lead to Sanctified Art.

Notes From The Fortress of Solitude



============================================================================

Notes From The Fortress of Solitude

In the world of comic books, Superman had his place to retreat, the Fortress of Solitude. It was located near the North Pole, far away from the world's distraction and hectic pace. It was his secret place. I also have a secret, retreat place. It's a place to meet with a real-life hero, Jesus of Nazareth.

I used to call it "my cave", but it's not a place to escape from life, nor is it a hole in the ground. I don't run to it only when things go bad, or when I get wounded. When I'm there, I'm not in the dark. You see, it's a place filled with light. When I go there the atmosphere of Heaven surrounds me. It's where I find strength, strategies, and revelation. It's my high tower. It's my personal Fortress of Solitude.



============================================================================


Deep Unto Deep Video Mix

Music Comes To The Fortress Of Solitude
That's right, Deep Unto Deep now has sound. Whenever you open this site, you'll hear this music. Feel free to turn it off or lower the volume (or keep it cranked, if you like). You can add your own YouTube favorites by clicking the + sign to the right of each selection in the list, and following the prompts. If you press the video button, you can view the video that accompanies the sound.
While in video mode, you can find more info about each selection, by clicking the You Tube icon in the screen area. If you have any thoughts about the MixPod player or my selections (perhaps a suggestion for appropriate music), please leave a comment at the blog comment section below. Enjoy.
=================================================================================
MusicPlaylistView Profile Create a playlist at MixPod.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Heart No One Else Could Open

by Tony Mujica
Sometimes the encounter you pray for isn’t quite what you expected.


I saw my heart lying there in the middle of the throneroom. Its beat was constantly throbbing; it pulsed with life.

Engraved upon it was this:

"No room for lesser lovers."

It had a seal upon it. No one could open it's seal — no one, that is, except One.


Lo and behold, I heard the voice of the Word. The lone heart on the floor looked like it was wanting to move. If it had legs it would have ran toward the Voice. It became animated after hearing the resounding Word.



"Henani! Here I am, the One who shuts so no one opens and opens so no one shuts!"



My heart pounded so forcefully it looked like someone was in it trying to punch his way out. Indeed, it had already succeeded in running on ahead of me to meet the Lover of my soul.



With scarred hands, He picked up my heart. I expected Him to pull out a set of keys from His pocket. He did not. Instead He held the heart in His left hand and with His right hand He lined up the hole of His palm scar over the center of the heart seal latch.



My heart opened. Dim light escaped from within it. It was dim, but at least it was lit. It was like putty in His hands, waiting for reshaping.



"Come forth!", He boomed with authoritative command. A wisp of amber light trailed in spiral pattern out from the heart. At first I thought it was smoke but no smoke could burn so bright. The light was alive. It seemed to move with a mind of it's own. It broke from It's initial spiraled release and, in improvised trail, it made it's way to its' source, the one called "the Light of men".



My light moved toward His feet, and paused as if it were bowing before Him. Then it wrapped around His legs and caressed Him like a kitten brushing one's leg. Then the amber continued wrapping around the rest of his frame. His own light, which already was ablaze, seemed to grow even brighter. His smile broke into deep laughter. I think He knew what I was thinking.



"Yeshua, my Lord, I never thought it would look like this. You're brighter. Is it really because of my light?



"Yes, Yes. I released the light of life that I deposited in you, years ago. You have been through a lot of adversity. I have been releasing grace to shine in stages throughout your walk with me. I grow brighter because you, as overcomer, give me glory."



I looked into those eyes , so full of love and acceptance. I did not want to blink. My body was at the point of collapse, but His eyes seemed to hold me from falling.



"Now, I have fanned the flame of passion needed to run the course of your remaining years. I did not remove the scar tissue around your heart. The evidence of your wounding remains, just like the scars on my own hands."



I thought I would be healed in my body. Before I could think a disappointed thought, He told me, "Your healing is not here today. Go on with faith and continue to please me. For now, My grace will do."



"I breathe life into you, so that you can love others with a purer love. That is your best weapon against the kingdom of fear. Be filled with my Agape and guard your heart to stay tuned into Me."



The amber smoke light trail unwrapped itself from Yeshua as I continued to stare at my Jesus. I blinked and Jesus left the room. My heart was no longer on the floor. It paced within my chest. I felt so alive and reassured. I thought that it was odd because I was sure I was getting healed this time. I can't explain it, but I could continue on now, with all the physical pain, even with all the disappointing heartache of life. Shalom peace rested on me.



I found myself back in my bed. Knowing that someday I will be healed.


— Tony Mujica ©2012

3 comments:

  1. Wow Tony! what a blessing. Would you be willing to read your blog sometime at Living Water? And also, did you get the email that we are moving next Sunday to Madison and Thatcher, River Forest Community Center? 10:30 Sunday Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to. Actually, I have a whole lot of things to share with your church. God has place your fellowship on my heart, to pray for as Shamar, and I sense God's Love for this select group of individuals. Let's talk further.

      Delete
  2. Since you are now located in River Forest, will you still be called Living Water Vineyard of Oak Park or will you go by a simplified modification, like Living Waters Vineyard?

    ReplyDelete

While You're Here You Might As Well Feed The Fish
(Bring your cursor into the tank. Double click to release the bait)