A Collection of Thoughts on God, Prophetic Art, the Prophetic Painter's Process, and the Meditative Reflections that Lead to Sanctified Art.

Notes From The Fortress of Solitude



============================================================================

Notes From The Fortress of Solitude

In the world of comic books, Superman had his place to retreat, the Fortress of Solitude. It was located near the North Pole, far away from the world's distraction and hectic pace. It was his secret place. I also have a secret, retreat place. It's a place to meet with a real-life hero, Jesus of Nazareth.

I used to call it "my cave", but it's not a place to escape from life, nor is it a hole in the ground. I don't run to it only when things go bad, or when I get wounded. When I'm there, I'm not in the dark. You see, it's a place filled with light. When I go there the atmosphere of Heaven surrounds me. It's where I find strength, strategies, and revelation. It's my high tower. It's my personal Fortress of Solitude.



============================================================================


Deep Unto Deep Video Mix

Music Comes To The Fortress Of Solitude
That's right, Deep Unto Deep now has sound. Whenever you open this site, you'll hear this music. Feel free to turn it off or lower the volume (or keep it cranked, if you like). You can add your own YouTube favorites by clicking the + sign to the right of each selection in the list, and following the prompts. If you press the video button, you can view the video that accompanies the sound.
While in video mode, you can find more info about each selection, by clicking the You Tube icon in the screen area. If you have any thoughts about the MixPod player or my selections (perhaps a suggestion for appropriate music), please leave a comment at the blog comment section below. Enjoy.
=================================================================================
MusicPlaylistView Profile Create a playlist at MixPod.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 15, 2011

Eve Bit



Eve bit.


She chewed the intoxicating fruit. Her radiant smile beamed for a brief moment, but something was very different. I watched with sinking heart, as I saw her fiery beauty begin to fade.




Her smile was now gone. Her eyes filled up with liquid, which rolled down her cheeks. Her darkened face flushed red. I saw my love's brow wrinkling in a most peculiar way. She expressed emotion that I didn't know existed. Regret made its way into her. Abba, my father, made her from me when I was asleep. He did his finest work, when he made her. His uncreated Son assisted Him. What beautiful curves they gave her! When I first saw her my heart pounded so loudly, I thought all the animals heard it.


"You're my beautiful one!” I spoke. Just then, I 
heard that hissing serpent laugh.



had to respond. "You're always the most beautiful in all of creation."



Now the serpent fell off his stump, to the floor with creepier laughing hiss.



"Ishy!", she moaned.


Her eyes locked into mine. Her hand extended the passioned fruit to me. I realized she had fallen to some low depth. I was at Eternity's crossing point. 



Thoughts and pictures flashed through my mind. If I pass on the fruit, I knew she would die alone with no route back to Father God. If I eat, I'll die with her. I just couldn't bear to lose her.



"Ishy, please!” she cried.


Images came to my head. Little ones that looked just like us ran to and fro. They grew in stature, and behind them, more little ones came. and they grew in stature. This continued in my mind's eye, over and over, til there were many people.


But in the distance, I saw someone who bore close a resemblance to me. He leaned on a tree. He reminded me of Abba's Son, who often walked with me in the garden.


I looked at His eyes, and then I knew.


I grabbed hold of a redeeming thought:

I am first Adam. The man in the distance is another Adam to come. I had my bride to rescue. The other Adam's eyes told me He had a bride of his own to save.




"She's lonely. Why don't you join her?", serpent said. "What are you waiting for?"


I took the fruit from her hand and brought it towards my mouth.


"No, Ishy, don't!” She interjected, suddenly realizing what would happen to me.


"There'll be a way through this, my love".


I bit.



--- Tony Mujica © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

While You're Here You Might As Well Feed The Fish
(Bring your cursor into the tank. Double click to release the bait)